21 June 2013

Karpo, Kings Cross


Situated in the heart of Kings Cross in the Megaro Hotel, Karpo has caught my eye many a time as I've have been drawn in by the brightly coloured exterior and bustling crowds. Obviously, one can't judge a book by its cover, but it had been on my list of places to try for a long time. I took the plunge and treated a friend and I to a two course lunch with bubbles on a quiet Tuesday afternoon. The interior is unusual but bright and inviting and the staff very welcoming. Definitely recommended.

We enjoyed:

* Maple glazed pork belly, wild garlic & walnuts
* Chilled asparagus soup, spring truffle & brioche
* Roast duck breast, crispy leg, artichoke & pear
* Caramelised halibut, San Marzano tomatoes, basil & olives

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com